Event Tech News
from Digital Motion
news in virtual, hybrid and on-site events.
How to improve your attendee experience for Hybrid Events
At the end of the day, it’s the attendee experience of your event that matters the most. With all the planning, lining up speakers and sponsors, dealing with logistics, etc., are you also thinking through the experience your attendees will encounter as part of your virtual or hybrid event? Ensuring an engaging, seamless experience for all attendees, whether they are participating virtually or in-person, is critical to a successful event. Hybrid events are on the rise and for good reason. They allow you to open up your event to larger audiences from more places, bring in remote and live presenters, and create more “buzz” with the parallel of two different formats, live and virtual. However, these two groups have two different experiences depending on if they are in-person or attending virtually. In fact, the truth is, when we are planning a hybrid event, we are planning two events, an in-person event and a virtual one. Different attributes are important to the on-site and on-line attendee. For instance, the onsite attendee will be interested in a map of the location, the meals and snacks available to them, cocktail reception access, expected attire, etc. While the on-line attendee will be interested in an enjoyable virtual platform to engage in, online networking options, how to interact with exhibitors, and elements of fun to keep it interesting.
So, how do you design two favorable attendee experiences for two formats of the same event? Use these tips to get started:1.) Map out each Attendee Journey.From registration to concluding remarks, it is important to map out in full detail the experience of your attendees. Here are a few tips to consider in your attendee journey:
- Beginning with Registration, you want to have clear instructions on how to register for the right tracks, including how and when the online event can be accessed.
- Make sure the timing your welcome eBlasts are strategic and useful in reminding attendees of the day and time, but not too early so they forget.
- Use your communications to provide FAQ’s on Onboarding, Technical Support, and other details of the sessions in your event agenda.
- Utilize notfications in your virtual platform to make sure your attendees continue to recieve the messaging and instructions they need to make the most of your content.
- Beginning with Registration, be sure to include a full description of the access each ticket allows and the locations of each session.
- Include helpful Way-finding Signage to each session and the Exhibitor Hall.
- Make sure you follow the COVID-19 protocols at your location. Communicate ahead of time the safety guidelines of your event and provide complementary hand sanitizer stations.
2.) Anticipate Needs for each Format.It is helpful to put yourself in the shoes of the attendee in each format and think through what they might need and when. Virtual:
- Central Agenda visible with list of all Key Notes and Sessions for reference.
- Reference page with helpful links to industry resource material and contact information.
- FAQ page on accessing virtual platform and where to go for help.
Pro-Tip: Adding a Technical Support Team to your virtual event shows your attendees you are layering in additional support for their needs. Ask Digital Motion about adding this support service to your event! On-site:
- Water, Coffee and Snack Stations clearly marked with Event Branding (and Sponsors!).
- Directional signage for venue restrooms and key spaces.
- Smiling greeters at the physical help desk to answer questions and assist with needs.
Pro Tip: If your event allows on-site attendees to access virtual platform, make sure your on-site staff is trained to answer questions about the virtual event.
3.) Meet and Exceed Expectations.Most attendees have certain expectations of the event you are putting on. Here is your chance to exceed expectations with something extra special. Here are some ideas:Virtual:
- Surprise Entertainment they weren’t expecting.
- Gamification (This is basically a contest to earn points that usually results in healthy competition to add excitement. Award points for logging in early, visiting online exhibitor booths, etc.)
- Fun networking Add-ons.
- Swag bags or Surprise give-aways.
- Exhibit Hall Bingo or other Networking Activities.
- Unexpected meet and greets with high-profile speakers.
You don’t have to be the expert in all of this! That is what Digital Motion is here for, to partner with you, take care of all the details and allow you to relax, knowing everything if handled properly. If you need help planning your customer journey, reach out to Digital Motion and tell us about your event! We’d love to hear about it and give you our recommendations for a successful attendee experience.
Let’s get started!
We’d love to hear about the event you are planning and give you our best tips for success.You can plan a great event in 2022, if you need some help with that, reach out to Digital Motion!Getting started is so easy, just schedule a free consultation by visitingwww.digitalmotionevents.com
You’re Just 3 Steps Away From a
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation so you can tell us about your event. We’ll listen to understand your goals and budget, and then offer you a price estimate and a
timeline of services.
Once you’re ready to move forward, your dedicated Digital Motion team member will share your Event Success Plan and explain the next steps toward executing a streamlined event.
You can relax knowing everything is handled from start to finish. We’ll ensure that you, your attendees, the speakers, and everyone else involved has the best possible experience.